Saturday, May 5, 2007

Tribute

Hola,

Senor Batelli shared this lovely quote with me regarding my feelings about closing down THE DIRTY TALK website. It is quite appropriate.

"You do look, my son, in a moved sort,
As if you were dismay'd: be cheerful, sir.
Our revels now are ended. These our actors,
As I foretold you, were all spirits and
Are melted into air, into thin air:
And, like the baseless fabric of this vision,
The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces,
The solemn temples, the great globe itself,
Ye all which it inherit, shall dissolve
And, like this insubstantial pageant faded,
Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep."

It is now Satruday morning. I am going for my first run since the N.J. Marathon last Sunday. Hope everything still works.

TWO THIRDS HOME has a director - Giovanna Sardelli. She is very nice and talented -both important to me. She comes highly recommended by Chris Burney of Second Stage and Rajiv Joseph, a very good playwright, NYU graduate - You should check out his work whenever you get a chance. And Giovanna is friends with Florencia - all things that bode well for my play. Her and Drew met yesterday and began to set dates for auditions and talk about possible designers. And now I know what it is to be a writer and feel out of the loop, which I am not. They told me everything about discussions they had that I did not have to be a part of. I believe in time this shall become fun.

Two more days of MFA Thesis Readings. Which means, four readings - 24 bottles of wine, 8 cheese plates, and ten litres of diet coke to go. The final MFA reading is at 721 Broadway, 7th Floor at 6pm on Sunday. It is by Edith Freni, who wrote BABY GIRL. Mike Batelli will be part of that reading. Feel free to stop by. If you can not make it, next time you see Edith congratulate her on her MFA.

,

Padraic

1 comment:

job said...

Welcome to the neighborhood.